For the Meringue:
- 6 large egg whites (around 220g)
- 1.5 cups superfine sugar
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp ground vanilla beans
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
For the Whipped Cream Cheese:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 1 tbsp caramel sauce (we use Ardent Homesteader)
- Fresh figs, sliced
- Pomegranate aerials
- Edible Dried Flowers
Licorice Salt, or your preferred sea salt
- Lemon thyme leaves
- Nasturtium petals
- Jamie's Farm Granola
- Preheat your oven to 300°F (150°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a clean, dry bowl, whip the egg whites with the cream of tartar until they form stiff peaks.
- Gradually add the sugar while continuing to beat the egg whites.
- Once the meringue is glossy and holds its shape, gently fold in the vanilla, and cornstarch.
- Spoon the meringue onto the prepared baking sheet with an 8 inch circle traced on it, forming your desired shape with a slight well in the center.
- As soon as you put the meringue into the oven, change the temperature to 212°F. Low and slow will cook it evenly and prevent it from cracking.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the meringue is crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. Let it cool in the oven with the door slightly ajar.
Whipped Cream Cheese:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, heavy cream, vanilla bean seeds, and caramel sauce.
- Whip until the mixture is light, fluffy, and well combined.
- Gently transfer the cooled meringue base to your serving plate. Make sure that the meringue is cooled COMPLETELY, otherwise it will melt the cream.
- Spread the whipped cream cheese mixture over the meringue, filling the well in the center.
- Artfully arrange the fresh fig slices, pomegranate aerials, blueberries, and blackberries on top of the whipped cream cheese.
- Sprinkle with edible flowers, licorice salt, lemon thyme leaves, and nasturtium petals.
- For the grand finale, generously sprinkle Jamie's Farm Granola over the pavlova - serve, and enjoy!
This pavlova is best served immediately to maintain the perfect balance of crispy meringue, creamy filling, and vibrant toppings.